Located in the beautiful Bosque Valley of Central Texas, the Gearench manufacturing facilities are located about one mile south of Clifton, Texas on State Highway 6. Gearench was founded in Houston, Texas in 1927 as Gearench Manufacturing Company, by J.A. Peterson and C.E. “Pat” Olsen. The first patented product, the Gearench, was a hand tool for use on small diameter pipe. From this original tool, the company has grown and developed over 40 product lines for use in various areas of the oil industry including exploration, drilling, production, refining and completion. Tools have also been developed for water well and trenchless technology drilling, as well as mining, power generation utilities, and general industrial markets.
Company Profile Request update info.
In October of 1978, Chester Posey purchased Gearench, including facilities in Houston and Clifton, Texas. Since that time Gearench has grown from a school building (the old Clifton College) to a 55,000+ sq. ft. production facility.
Gearench has been certified under the ISO 9001 standard since 1995 and currently maintains a quality system compliant with the ISO9001-2008 standard.
Gearench is committed to meeting customer requirements and increasing customer satisfaction through continual improvement of its products, services and the quality management system.
Gearench manufactures and distributes an ever-increasing number of high quality, safe and effective products by utilizing the latest innovations in applied engineering, manufacturing process improvement and quality assurance. Our goal is to produce products that meet or exceed customer expectations by improving the customers’ performance, capabilities and safety record. In pursuit of our goal, Gearench will remain fundamentally committed to developing and implementing policies and procedures that support and encourage safety, honesty, integrity and respect for all employees and our environment.